What is it?
An energetic stress-busting therapy which works on the muscular tissues of the neck, shoulders, scalp and face to relax or stimulate the body and help it maintain harmony. It provides relief for mental as well as physical stress. It involves working with a firm and gentle rhythm to help unknot blockages and relief of built-up tension and on an emotional level it calms the spirit, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
It is useful for headaches, sinusitis, Temporo-Mandibular joint tension, migraine, eye strain, improved concentration and muscle tension in the neck and shoulders.
Benefits to the individual:
– stimulates and improves scalp circulation which in turn helps with strength and growth of
– removes tension from the jaw and smoothes out face muscles
– relieves muscular tension and stimulates blood circulation
– stretches and mobilizes the tissues of the neck and shoulders
– rebalances vital energy flow, instilling a sense of peace and tranquility.
The sense of utter well-being that follows a treatment with head massage has to be experienced to be fully understood. We live in stressful time and head massage is one of the ways of alleviating tension and achieving a relaxed, calm frame of mind. On the other hand – a stimulating head massage helps to clarify the mind and enables one to concentrate without tension.
It requires little space as it is done sitting up and can be carried out anywhere as it does not require the removal of clothes.