What Is It?
A short (10 – 30 min), fully clothed, seated massage
A series of effective techniques and movements based on traditional acupressure and
massage. Used on the back, neck, shoulders, arms and hands
A convenient, non-intrusive form of massage which can be performed in the office, at home or
wherever suits you.
Benefits to the individual:
– Calms the nervous system and stimulates the parasympathetic system to alleviate stress
– Improves flexibility and increases range of movement, thus reduces risk of injury and muscle
– Increases circulation, improving oxygen flow to the body and the brain, as well as aids toxin removal
– Relieves general muscular aches and pains and tension
– Uses specific trigger point techniques to alleviate muscle spasm
– Boosts energy levels and revitalizes
– Improves concentration and alleviates mental fatigue
– Makes you feel good
Benefits to the working environment:
– Revitalizes office personnel
– Improves productivity
– Alleviates and offsets occupational hazards of a sedentary occupation. Provides power breaks during high stress meetings
– Provides a motivational tool to compensate for, and facilitate extended working hours
– Reduces employee absenteeism
– Improves general office and interpersonal dynamics
– Provides a means of de-stressing before leaving the office
Each year several million working days are lost as a result of stress. Two out of three medical consultations concern stress-related conditions. We spend the major part of our lives at work and thus what happens at work is vitally important to our health and well-being.
Indian Head Massage is well suited to the corporate environment because it is flexible and the recipient does not need to undress. No creams, oil or special equipment is required. The approximate time required for a full treatment would be 45 minutes.
Did you know that massage is one of the most popular alternative therapies in the UK today?
– 27% of the population have had a massage in the past 5 years
– we have also spent £2.5 to £3 billion on massages annually
– companies who include massage therapy in the workplace have reported increased alertness
and creativity among their employees, decreased absenteeism and decreased reports of
work-related stress and anxiety disorders
– massage is not just a luxury, but a necessary ingredient towards a healthy lifestyle