Because our massage is given for the purpose of relaxation and support. It is very unlikely that your medical condition will disqualify you from receiving it. The strokes will be always within your comfort.
Who Should Avoid This Therapy?
There are several conditions when massage is totally contra-indicated. Massage should not be performed at all:
1. Contagious and infectious skin conditions and diseases (like impetigo)
2. Under influence of alcohol and/or drugs (at least 12h before and after the treatment nothing
3. Fever and/or flu, have temperature
4. When you generally don’t feel well, extremely weak, clinically exhausted.
Some conditions require medical approval if you suffer from any of the following conditions – speak to your doctor first:
1. Hart or circulatory conditions, high or low blood pressure
6. Kidney infections/disorders OR any other ailments of the internal organs
7. Nervous or psychotic conditions, epilepsy
8. AIDS or HIV
Local contra-indications (massage can be performed over the rest of the body):
1. Bruising, inflammation, pain, cuts, abrasions, sunburns, scar tissue, tenderness, oedema,
allergies/skin sensitivities, excessive sweating, hernia,
2. Recent fractures, strains or sprains
3. Major or minor surgery (within the last 18 months)
4. Areas of localised contagious skin disorders (like verucca, athletes foot, psoriasis, eczema,
5. Varicose veins
6. The abdomen during the first 3 months of pregnancy
Tell your therapist if you have active or swollen arthritis.