Start with a 7-minute stretch.
This routine will cover EVERY part of the body!
1) Begin with three deep cleansing breaths. Feet are shoulder width apart. Draw air into lungs while rising up on the toes and simultaneously raising arms shoulder height in front of you. Now lower the arms to the arms to the sides while expelling the air in 4 increments. Repeat 3 times.
2) Shake hands and fingers vigorously for 30 seconds.
3) Clasp hands, invert to palms out, arms extended forwards and push. Hold for count of 10.
4) Clasp hands, invert with arms straight up over head and stretch. Hold for count of 10.
5) Side stretch. Curve left arm over head towards right and stretch. Hold for count of 10.
6) Side stretch. Curve right arm over head towards left and stretch. Hold for count of 10.
7) Point left elbow straight ahead, shoulder level. Grasp upper arm with right hand. Pull for count of 10 seconds.
8) Point right elbow forwards, grasp arm with left hand. Turn head to right. Pull for count of 10 seconds.
9) Shoulder stretch. Rotate shoulders in circle forwards. Ten times.
10) Shoulder stretch. Rotate shoulders in circle backwards. Tem times.
11) Hips. Swing hips in a circle to left. Ten times. Bend knees slightly.
12) Hips. Swing hips in a circle to right. Ten times.
13) Pelvic thrust. Move hips forward and back. Ten times.
14) Knees. Place feet 6” apart, hands on knees. Rotate knees in a circle to left. Ten times.
15) Knees. Rotate knees in a circle to right. Ten times.
16) Head and neck rolls. Move head in a circle, forward and to left ten times.
Take three deep, slow, breaths. A good plan is to take 3 deep breaths between EACH movement.
17) Head and neck rolls. Move head in a circle, forward and to right ten times.
18) Head roll. Bob head up and down ten times.
19) Head roll. Swing head all the way to the left, then to the right ten times.
Find a space on a wall that you can lean on with both hands, arms straight ahead.
20) Achilles tendon stretch. Back up until heels off ground. Lower body, touch heels, and hold for count of ten.
21) Back leg muscles. In above position, go up on toes, and then touch heels. Repeat ten times.
22) Quadriceps pull. Lean on wall. With left hand catch right leg behind you. (Kick leg up.)
23) Now find your “point of balance” by putting one finger on wall. Then change hands.
24) Quadriceps. Left hand on wall. Hold right leg with right hand pull upward for count of ten.
25) Quadriceps pull, kicking up left leg, catching with right-hand. Swing sideways 10 times.
26) Find balance with one finger, change hands. Pull left leg upwards for count of ten.
27) As your body gets used to this routing you can increase (gradually) the counts to 20 times.
28) Final. Upper torso workout. Bend elbows, make fist, thrust arms forward & back 25 times.
Do first thing in the morning, this gets you ready to go!